Saturday 25 May 2013

Kelisa Service at 90K

My Kelisa reached 90,000 of it's mileage. Not sure if it's considered a big figure considering the little car was bought in 2005. That's almost 9 years. Today I get the chance to drive it to the service centre (normally it is driven by my wife). Felt so much relax driving this little car compared to my Prado a.k.a Big Boy. The car is very light which makes it accelerate very quickly especially when the car air conditioner is turned off.

I was informed by the mechanic that I will have to have the car's timing belt changed. A timing belt is a belting system that helps to drive the camshafts within internal of a car's engine. This part of the engine is crucial given if it snap while the engine is running, it will result in catastrophic engine failure. A costly engine overhaul will have to be carried out to revive the engine. A typical lifespan of a timing belt for Kelisa is about 90,000km so if you have one that is reaching this mileage, it's time to change. The belting and bearings change will cost about RM300. I decided to only have it changed on my next service as the change will take up some time and unfortunately, I did not have for today to spare. So for this round of service I only had the oil changed, which, in total costed me about RM120.

Almost 90K. Next service will be at 95K.

Perodua Genuine Oil.
Embarrassing moment: I was walking down a walkway holding my umbrella like below when suddenly the umbrella broken lose from it's handle. What an embarrassing and funny moment. Someone behind me laughed and I was like  ^_^凸 "nah" at him. *joking, the "nah" part never happened but it was embarrassing....


And they decided, 'divorce' is the best option

No comments:

Post a Comment