Thursday 6 March 2014

Toyota Prado 90: Service at mileage 172,813KM

I have just sent in my Toyota Prado for it's service recently. Nothing major repaired so not much to log on this blog. Total amount paid for this service was RM235.82. This include change of motor oil, labour charges on service as well as change of a set of front wiper.

Normally on average this is the amount I pay to service my 4x4. I used to pay RM300.00++ for different brand of motor oil so I consider paying RM235.82 to be quite reasonable. Engine still going strong as at today, no complaint on the motor oil I currently use but I do have hell lots of complaints regarding the attitude of technician from this workshop that I visit regularly but, more on this some other time. I would really appreciate reader to recommend me any other workshop with specialty in servicing 4x4 vehicle around Kota Kinabalu area. By the way, i'm using 76 motor oil.


Speaking of 76 motor oil, I discovered something interesting from the bottle of the motor oil. From what I understand, this brand of motor oil is made from the USA, as indicated on the label at the back of this bottle but on the front side, I see picture the like of Toyota Avanza and Toyota Vios. I thought these two models are never being sold in USA. Funny and weird....

Anyway, I have being using this brand for quite some time. I used to use Castrol brand motor oil back when I was working in Labuan but I found it to be quite expensive and I didn't see any improvement on the performance of my engine. So, what's the point to pay the premium? 76 serve just right for me, at the right price. My engine still spitting vapour instead of white/black smoke even now, after 17 years of it's life. 

Are you using this motor oil brand? What's your take?

If you like this, say thanks by sharing this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment