Thursday 20 March 2014

Logitech® Keyboard Case for Ipad® 2 By: ZAGG, My Experience

Recently, I have being looking for a replacement for my notebook for word processing purpose. I was looking for a device that is extremely portable, one that I can type straight away once I activated it. After several weeks of window shopping, I learnt quite a few things about product on offer in the market nowadays and why most of  them are not suitable for me, unfortunately.

Logitech® Keyboard Case for Ipad® 2 By: ZAGG 

Notebooks:

Portable indeed, but not too portable - Notebooks these days weight on average exceeding 1.5kg. One with descent spec easily weight above 2kg. Too heavy for me to bring it anytime for my work processing purpose. I'm expecting to work on my device anywhere and most importantly, anytime I want to. These notebooks are just not portable enough for me to bring it "anytime".

Notebooks nowadays are very powerful. Too powerful that they can almost replace a full fledged CPU and the result of that, they are made bulky which led to my point above on why it is not portable for me. My purpose of my ideal device is for work processing and I don't need those extra power to trade off with the portability of my ideal device. They hurt my balls too - too much energy required and too much heat released and hence, too much heat absorbed by my balls when I put it on my laps. HAHA!

Ultrabooks:

No doubt on it's portability as they weight on average less than 1.5kg but price wise varies depends on the specs. 2 points to consider about these ultrabooks are their screens and their batteries. Most of these ultrabooks come with touch screen. The problem with touch screen is that they cost a bomb to fix once it breakdown. Secondly is the design of ultrabooks. Most of them that I come across are in uni-body form design. The problem with this design is that everything are fixed and built into the device in order to make the whole device more compact. This means the batteries too. Once your battery is worn, you will need to bring it to a service center for replacement instead of buying a replacement from the shelves. 

I have an iPad 2 and i normally use it for web consumption purpose (ie. web browsing) and seldom use it for any work processing as I personally find it quite hard to utilize the on-screen keyboard because it's too flat and my fingers are too big. I often input the wrong keys when i'm typing. But iPad 2 has indeed all the elements of an ideal device that i'm looking for (that's why i bought it in the first place). It is light at about half a kg, large enough screen for browsing at 9.7 inch and is extremely portable. It lacks however in the word processing department.

The cover and casing of my iPad 2 which I bought together with it about 2.5 years ago were also wearing off 
Ugly piece of shit
My iPad 2 cover & casing
and was looking for replacement until I saw this Keyboard Case for iPad 2. I never knew such device existed (sorry for my ignorant on this as I realized this has been around for quite a long time). This is perfect for me as now, I can kill two birds with one stone (ie. My new iPad 2 cover and transforming my iPad 2 into my ideal word processing device!). Searching around and I find it there are different kinds of makes and most of them are Chinese made in Malaysian market. I decided to settle down with Logitech even though it's made in China too (I have hell lots of bad experiences in all things made in China) as I trust the quality of this brand ever since I bought my first personal computer. I bought this for RM135 or about USD41 equivalent and the funny thing is, I just realized I bought my casing and cover for about this price too a year ago.

The Keyboard itself

Side view

Front view

The keyboard is about the same size as Ipad 2 and it fits just nice with it. Though not a full fledged keyboard (keys are a slightly smaller than the normal PC keyboard and there's no numeric keypad), I still find it quite comfortable typing on this device and in fact, i'm using it to type out this entire blog. Aside from the typical keys on a normal keyboard, you get keys such as the 'Home' button, Gallery, Cut & Paste and Play & Pause keys for your controls over the iPad remotely. This device uses bluetooth to connect. Not to mention this keyboard connect to any device using bluetooth, including my HTC android phone.

Both iPad 2 and the keyboard fits nicely

Front view
Conclusion? No regrets at all and in fact, i'm very satisfied with my purchase! This is going to assist a lot in my future blogging. If you own one of this too, what do you think about it? Kindly leave your comment below.

If you like this, say thanks by sharing this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment