Thursday 1 May 2014

Toyota Prado 90: Airpress And Antenna Replacement

I have always wanted to install Airpress on all four windows of my Prado. I think all Prado 90 series originally manufactured in Japan have all these installed. As my version was assembled in Malaysia, we don't have these readily installed on our cars, and, my car looks so much naked without them.

Newly installed Airpress

What is an Airpress? There are 4 pieces of these that are to be installed on all four windows of our car. They work as shades aside from cosmetic effect on our car. These came in a set of four and costed RM140 inclusive of labour charges and the brand is AG. Understood is made in Malaysia and I have seen these on lots of our local cars. I guess they are gaining market for Airpress but I was unable to locate any information on the web about this brand.

AG brand Airpress

I have also today replaced my Prado antenna. My original antenna may have rusted which caused the antenna could not be extended to it's max and as a result of that, I couldn't not get clear radio broadcast. They (the car accessory shop) showed me a version with automatic extension motor which costed RM280 (labour charges included) and another manual version which costed on RM90 (labour charges included). I decided to go for the manual version as i'm not sure how many cycles of extension and retraction will the automatic version last. Besides, it's made in China and I kind of not comfortable with Chinese made stuff installed in my car. 


That's a small upgrade for my car. Next, i'm planning for headlight replacement (gotta set a side about RM1,300) as they are not projecting strong light anymore. 

The car accessory shop that i have visited is called Yu Classic Auto Sdn. Bhd. and it's located in Putatan. This was my first time visiting this shop and it gave me quite good impression as far as my Airpress and antenna replacement is concerned. Their employee seems to be very particular in fixing problems for me, unlike some others who only cares about getting job done with lousy workmanship. If you need details about this car accessory shop, kindly comment below or drop me a message.

If you like this, say thanks by sharing this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment